Third Ball Rule is if the score remains unchanged after two consecutive deliveries, the umpire calls third ball.
On the next delivery the score must change or a dismissal is recorded against the striker.
AICF rules can be found at http://www.indoorsportsnsw.org.au/indoor-cricket-rules.php
Ark Sports Centre Rules for Indoor Cricket
Penalty of 5 runs to be deducted for every player out of uniform from the offending teams batting innings with a maximum of 20 run penalty (as per AICF rules).
Teams must play in the team shirts. Spare matching Team shirts can be hired from reception for a small fee for any player without a team shirt. (E.g. last minutes fill in player)
Bails will be used for ALL competition games.
Match Balls will be provided to the Captain who wins the Toss and elects to Bowl First. (the game ball must be handed to Umpire or Staff at the completion of the game).
Wicket Keeping Gloves will also be provided to teams if they don’t have their own.
It is recommended for players to have their own Batting Equipment, i.e. Bat, Gloves and Protection wear. (The Centre will have some loan bats or gloves if needed).
Skin scoring consists of 4 points for a win, 1 point for each skin therefore a total of 8 points available per game.
If a team forfeits they are awarded 0 points while the team available to play will be awarded 5 points (4 win points and 1 skin point)
No skins will be played during the Final series (semi-finals, finals or grand finals).
In the event of a tie in the Finals Series, an Ultimate Skin will be played.
- A new coin toss takes place.
- The batting team selects their batting pair.
- The bowling team selects 4 separate bowlers to bowl (each bowls 1 over).
- The team with the most runs after the Ultimate Skin will be the winner.
- If it is still drawn, the teams will continue to play Ultimate Skins until a winner is determined. Different batters and bowlers must be used for the second ultimate skin. Any subsequent ultimate skins have no restrictions on who bats and bowls for each team.
Personal Accident Insurance Program has been specifically tailored by Willis Australia Limited to meet the needs of Indoor Sports Centres.
The link below provides more information and the policies full conditions are available from Ultimate Indoor Sports Pty Ltd or Indoor Sports NSW.